Really honored to be chosen to Keynote the 2012 Miss Independent Conference this year by Mercy College, C Step, STEP & Upward Bound!
In case you missed it, check out Kris Ruby of Ruby Media giving BRAVOS Millionaire Matchmaker Patti Stanger some Twitter advice!
Tonight I will be making a special appearance on BRAVO’s Millionaire Matchmaker at 9 pm. Patti and I will be discussing all things social media and Twitter! So tune in to the opening of tonights episode for a special treat!
We made it to Taipei in a special about utilizing Facebook to grow your business! Check out RMG/ Kris Ruby on TVBS- the largest network in Taiwan!
Tap Social Media For Personal Branding–What’s The Best Way to Increase the Size of Your Network? YEC- The Huffington Post
The best way to increase the size of your network is to create and enhance your personal brand in digital communities. Personal branding is critical for gaining brand equity in social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIN. Increase your network by sharing relevant content and always striving to add value to the conversation. People will naturally be intrigued and want to follow you.
–Kris Ruby (@sparklingruby), founder of Ruby Media Group
MASHABLE- 8 Ways Entrepreneurs Can Get More Out of Twitter
Engage With Your Followers
After running Ruby Media Group, a social media and personal branding agency for over a year now, my best tip for using Twitter to market to customers and fans is to not market! This sounds contrary to everything traditional marketers know, but the best companies on Twitter create conversations with fans and become “followers” of their lives, making their product embedded into their daily lives.
– Kris Ruby
Company URL: Ruby Media Group
The Best way to use Facebook? Give something away for free!
Listen to each broadcast or click here to listen on WCBS.
What are your top 3 social media resolutions for 2011? Are you a giver or a taker in social media?
Wall Street Journal Feature- Creating a Brand for a New Business- here are Kris Ruby, President & Founder of Ruby Media Group’s answers for how to effectively tap into social media to build a brand
“I’m a freelancer looking to build a company around my services. What tips can you offer for creating a solid brand?”
You can create a brand for your business by effectively executing a comprehensive social-media marketing strategy that includes utilizing Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and blogging. Opening up a two-way communication channel with customers is vital for building a brand for your business in Web 2.0. Recommendations from bloggers and influencers in your industry are also critical to securing your “brand equity” online.
The best way to begin building your brand is to communicate and engage with followers, rather than by trying to market to them. Build “social engagement” into your company’s social-media strategy, as opposed to promotional tweets and Facebook posts, which can hurt your brand equity in the long run.
Here are my top tips for building brand equity in social-media sites for every business owner:
- Set up Google alerts for your company.
- Create a Facebook fan page, Twitter page and LinkedIn profile page for your company.
- Secure a minimum of five recommendations on your LinkedIn profile.
- Build geographically targeted lists on Twitter that other community members will want to follow.
- Optimize all blog content for search-engine optimization visibility.
- Guest blog for brand diversification.
- Join relevant industry-related groups in key social-media platforms.
- Lead a webinar on a newsworthy topic in your industry to distinguish yourself as an opinion leader.
- Publicize your availability by creating press releases for speaking engagements.
- Become a columnist to earn “Internet” brand equity. You’ll also gain inbound traffic to your company’s site if you write compelling content.
- Respond to queries posted on Helpareporterout.com (HARO) and Profnet.com for quick PR hits.